Allco is Carbon Conscious Certified
We’re proud to share we are now Carbon Conscious Certified Business, dedicated to continuously evaluate our operations for potential improvements. We recognise our role as a leading supplier in the New Zealand construction industry and we understand the importance of acknowledging and minimising our environmental impact.
We have partnered with Ekos, to review and calculated our business’s CO2 footprint and to provide us with a detailed carbon footprint report of our emissions across different activities, highlighting the hotspots and providing strategies for effective reductions.
Thanks to Ekos’ detailed analysis, we’ve identified that a significant portion of our Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions stems from upward freight. While our influence on these emissions is limited as importers of quality materials globally, our chosen suppliers share a deep commitment to improving their processes and reducing the environmental impact of their products. They continually make improvements at every stage of their operation and have their own carbon reducing initiatives in place.
All of our suppliers have provided detailed Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) for our membranes which can be used to help calculate the carbon footprint and the sustainability of a project. More information on our supplier’s sustainability pathways and a copy of our EPDs can be found here.
There are however areas of our operations we can, and we are committed to make improvements. In response to our carbon footprint report, we’ve formulated a reduction plan, pledging to:
- Reduce single-use plastic in our products by eliminating the plastic backing on our Volclay Swelltite membrane, removing plastic buckets from our CETCOAT, and transitioning some Voltex membranes onto a steel core (previously plastic).
- Transition company fleet to hybrid or electric models.
- Make sea freight our preferred transportation option and hold more stock to reduce freight.
- Use a Certified Renewable Energy electricity provider.
- Offset carbon emissions through the Voluntary Emissions Contribution Programme for flights.
- Reduce waste in the warehouse.
- Prioritize partnerships with like-minded, sustainability-conscious businesses.
This reduction plan directs our efforts toward achievable operational carbon reduction, making us as environmentally friendly as possible.
At Allco we stand by our three core values – TO TAKE ACTION, COMMUNICATE WITH INTENT AND HAVE EACH OTHERS BACK …and when it comes to the environment we have another one to add: EVERY LITTLE BIT COUNTS!