Bentoseal is a below-grade waterproofing accessory product designed for the following uses:
- Fillet material at horizontal and vertical inside corners
- Flashing material around drains, mechanical and electrical penetrations, curbs and parapets
- Sealing material at waterproofing terminations
- Repair material for small concrete substrate surface defects prior to waterproofing membrane installation
- Trowel-grade waterproofing for extremely irregular substrate surfaces
- Bentoseal is formulated for use on structural concrete, masonry, wood and most metal surfaces.
Volclay Bentoseal is trowel-grade, sodium bentonite/butyl rubber based sealant designed for a variety of surface preparation and waterproof detailing work with Swelltite and Voltex waterproofing membranes.
Being bentonite based, Bentoseal swells upon contact with water to seal against water intrusion. With the consistency of thick grease, Bentoseal is easy to apply to most substrate materials.
- Do not use Bentoseal on extruded polystyrene (EPS) concrete forming systems.
- Use in applications with proper confinement only.
- Backfill soils should be compacted in accordance with Allco backfill documentation.
- Bentoseal is not an expansion joint sealant.
- Bentoseal is available in 3 gallon (11.3 liter) pails; 75 pails per pallet. Each pails weighs 36 lbs. (16.3 kg).