Volclay Aquadrain 15X
Aquadrain is used to enhances the waterproofing system by collecting and transporting water away, as well as providing membrane protection, especially during backfill.
Sheet drainage offers the following advantages over aggregate drainage:
- Low installation cost – combined installation and material cost are usually less than half that for stone and pipe drainage.
- Predictable performance – uniform properties and application coverage provide predictable drainage performance.
- Easy to handle and install – lightweight, easy-to-handle prefabricated drain sheet is installed quickly. No heavy equipment or skilled laborers are required.
- High flow capacity – three-dimensional structure of core provides multiple channels for vertical and horizontal water flow.
- No clogging – geotextile filter fabric permits a high volume passage of water into the core while retaining soil particles.
- Strong and durable – crush strength of core resists damage during installation and from soil pressures. High tear and puncture strength of fabric ensure no damage during backfilling or use.
- Reduces drainage space requirements – thin profile requires much less space than aggregate drainage.
- Reduces dead load weight on decks – thin, light-weight composite weighs far less than aggregate drainage thus greatly decreasing dead load weight on decks.
- Inexpensive to transport and store – lightweight rolls are less expensive to transport and do not require large job site space for storage or staging.
- Chemically resistant – both the core and geotextile are resistant to all naturally occurring soil materials.
- Simple inspection – easy visual inspection of material and installation is possible.
- Direct discharge connection – sheet drain can be directly connected to base drain collection and discharge system.
Volclay Aquadrain 15X is a simple, reliable and cost-effective alternative to Aggregate Drainage
Aquadrain drainage composite is a two-part prefabricated sheet drain consisting of a 3 dimensional propylene formed dimple core covered with a woven polypropylene filter fabric bonded to one side. The formed dimple core provides compressive strength and collects water for flow to drainage discharge pipes. This filter fabric allows water and other liquids to pass into the drainage core while restricting the passage of soil particles. The filter fabric is bonded to each dimple to minimise fabric intrusion into the core resulting from backfill pressure. The polypropylene core resists chemical attack and degradation in soil.
AQUADRAIN 15X is a cost-effective drainage sheet designed to replace or complement aggregate drainage backfills. It is designed primarily for vertical sub-surface applications requiring a high compressive strength and high flow capacity. Applications include foundation walls, retaining walls, bridge abutments, planters, tunnels and other earth-covered structures. AQUADRAIN 15X can also function as a protection course when installed over a waterproofing membrane on podium decks.
Recently completed, this substantial inner-city residential development encompasses 160 apartments over 14 levels in the vibrant heart of Auckland’s CBD.Read More
Aria Bay Retirement Village
Aria Bay is an innovative residential retirement village situated in the heart of Browns Bay.Read More
ASB Building – North Wharf
In the ASB project, Casali features across the roof expanse of buildings 22 and 23Read More
Auckland Art Gallery
The project involved a significant amount of civil works, with retention piling, soil nails and ground anchors used to allow excavation and construction of new basement levels between the heritage buildings.Read More
Auckland War Memorial Museum
The rear Southern courtyard, built in 1960, provided the space for six new floors. The courtyard was excavated to a depth of 12 metres to allow two basement levels.Read More
Auckland Zoo – East Asia Precinct
Auckland Zoo is the biggest Zoo in New Zealand. This project was apart of the Zoo’s 10-year re-development plan attempting to transform the zoo.Read More
Bethlehem Medical Centre
Bethlehem Medical Centre located on Auckland's North Shore, utalised Allco's Volclay Product Range.Read More
Campbells Bay School Extension
Campbells Bay Primary School located on Auckland's North Shore began building their new classroom block in 2021. MPM Waterproofing carried out the installation of Allco's Volclay Product range.Read More
Cavalli Apartments consists of two partially shared basement, private carparking, a café and shared lounge.Read More