Volclay Voltex DS
Protection from Water Ingress:
- Can self-seal small cracks while forming watertight laps at the seams.
- Provides a strong mechanical bond to poured concrete.
- Proven effective in structures under continuous or intermittent hydrostatic pressure—up to 70m
- VOLTEX DS is designed for projects that require additional chemical resistance, extremely low water vapor and gas permeability.
Fast and Easy:
- Overlapping seams with mechanical fasteners eliminates installation variables in the field.
- Its durable composite construction eliminates the need for a mud slab.
- Can be installed in virtually any weather condition, including freezing temperatures and damp conditions.
- Can be installed on green concrete without primers or adhesives.
- Proven effective in both vertical and horizontal applications—i.e., backfilled pre-cast panels and property-line walls.
- Perfect for shotcrete applications
VOLTEX DS combines the proven waterproofing capabilities of Voltex with a high-strength HDPE Liner. VOLTEX DS is designed for projects that require additional chemical resistance, extremely low water vapor and gas permeability.
The durable construction of VOLCLAY DS lends itself perfectly to shotcrete installation.
VOLTEX DS is designed for below-ground vertical and horizontal structural foundation surfaces. Typical applications include backfilled concrete walls, shotcrete walls, earth covered roofs, structural slabs, tunnels and property line construction.
Resistance to puncturing:
The Voltex DS composite is comprised of two high strength geotextiles making it suitable for projects that require more durability or additional chemical resistance. Its composite construction resists damage from tradesman installing reinforcing steel over it and inclement weather. The dropping of heavy articles will normally have no damaging effect on the membrane. Any accidental cuts will self heal when the membrane is hydrated following correct installation.
- B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1 (a) not less than 50 years.
- E2 External moisture: Performance E2.3.3.
- F2 hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1. The Volclay® Waterproofing System meets this requirement and will not present a health hazard to people.
The Volclay Waterproofing System is an approved Alternative Solution in terms of New Zealand Building Code compliance.
With the durability of the needle punched composite and the ability to self-heal, Voltex offers major construction advantages over adhered sheet membrane and fluid applied waterproofing.
For contaminated water or salt-water conditions, Voltex is available with a contaminant resistant Volclay sodium bentonite – Voltex SWR.
Roll size & packaging:
Volclay Voltex DS is supplied in 66.6m² (Super Sixty) rolls.
- VOLTEX DS should only be installed after substrate preparation has been properly completed and is suitable to receive the waterproofing system. Concrete work should use conventional cast-in-place forms that produce a smooth surface. Do not use stay-in-place concrete forming; use removeable forming products only.
- VOLTEX DS is designed for below-grade waterproofing applications where the product is properly confined.
- VOLTEX DS products should not be installed in standing water or over ice. If ground water contains strong acids, alkalies, or is of a conductivity of 2,500 μmhos/cm or greater, water samples should be submitted to the manufacturer for compatibility testing.
- VOLTEX DS is not designed to waterproof expansion joints.
Do not use VOLTEX DS on masonry block foundation walls. (Use Swelltite)
Recently completed, this substantial inner-city residential development encompasses 160 apartments over 14 levels in the vibrant heart of Auckland’s CBD.Read More
Aria Bay Retirement Village
Aria Bay is an innovative residential retirement village situated in the heart of Browns Bay.Read More
ASB Building – North Wharf
In the ASB project, Casali features across the roof expanse of buildings 22 and 23Read More
Auckland Art Gallery
The project involved a significant amount of civil works, with retention piling, soil nails and ground anchors used to allow excavation and construction of new basement levels between the heritage buildings.Read More
Auckland War Memorial Museum
The rear Southern courtyard, built in 1960, provided the space for six new floors. The courtyard was excavated to a depth of 12 metres to allow two basement levels.Read More
Auckland Zoo – East Asia Precinct
Auckland Zoo is the biggest Zoo in New Zealand. This project was apart of the Zoo’s 10-year re-development plan attempting to transform the zoo.Read More
Bethlehem Medical Centre
Bethlehem Medical Centre located on Auckland's North Shore, utalised Allco's Volclay Product Range.Read More
Campbells Bay School Extension
Campbells Bay Primary School located on Auckland's North Shore began building their new classroom block in 2021. MPM Waterproofing carried out the installation of Allco's Volclay Product range.Read More
Cavalli Apartments consists of two partially shared basement, private carparking, a café and shared lounge.Read More