Wabo®FireShield FSV is a second generation unified fire rated, sound, UV stable, thermal and waterproof sealant system. It features waterproof silicone faces on each side of a fire-retardant impregnated foam sealant without the need for additional set of intumescent bellows. This fire-retardant impregnated foam does not rely on the silicone face or an intumescent coating to provide its fire rating.
Although designed to be used alone, it can also be installed behind any other metallic or elastomeric expansion joint system. With both sides coated, it may be placed with either side exposed to view, adding to the versatility and increasing the aesthetic fireproof sealing options. The silicone finish enhances the waterproofing nature of the product and provides an aesthetic finish. Wabo®FireShield FSV also has the ability to handle variations in joint size through incremental sizing. There is no drilling or modifying of the substrate required for installation.
• All Interior and Exterior vertical expansion joint applications
• For use in various construction projects including:
- Parking Garage
- Water Treatment Facilities
• Sound Attenuation - Minimizes sound transfer
• Ease of installation - No mechanical anchors needed to install system. Saves time and labor.
• Generous Movement Capability - Can accommodate structural movement up to +/-50% and excellent for thin wall applications.
FireShield FSV - Installation Procedure
FireShield FSV - Data Sheet
FireSheild FSV Specification